Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Trying to turn vegetarian

Hmmm trying to turn vegetarian yet cannot think of giving up on fish! Tough decision, eh?

Yes. Having gorged on all types of meat( well, almost) for the last 28 years, it is quite difficult for me to turn to vegetables ! Yes, I happen to love them, but somehow they never seem enough. However, the sight of a chicken getting slaughtered so that we selfish humans can consume them, has always been on the back of my mind. I have been ignoring it, pushing it away from my mind and yet it has always been there. But now, the time has come to save at least some of those innocent chicken from getting slaughtered(well, they will get butchered anyway for some other family, but I don't want to be responsible for that). Anybody who has seen a chicken being beheaded will agree with me, although they may want to ignore the thought and the sight, just like I have been doing so far.

I have turned myself off from chicken before, but it didn't last long. Now, I am going to give it a try again, and then try for getting off fish. Being a Bengali, I consume fish everyday, so its a very, very tough choice. But I have read somewhere that it takes 21 days to form a habit and the same number of days for breaking one. So, lets forget about chicken for the next 21 days and if I am successful, I will do the same with fish.

And then there are the eggs !!!!!!!!

I really need all types of strength from now on....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment