Sunday, April 7, 2013

Accidentally In Love by Nikita Singh - What is wrong with readers?

This is one of the most pretentious books I have ever read !! I hardly read Indian authors and now I can understand why I should stick to reading Grisham and Connelly or even Sparks. Actually this book pretends to be a bold book but ends up being the same old thing again. It is so damn predictable and there will be many readers who have faced the EXACT same things in their lives ! If people want to read about their life why would they buy a book? The sex scenes( if they can be called that!) are so poorly and amateurishly written that you just feel like skipping over the paragraphs. The lead character is so wimpy and so overtly dependent on others that I wonder how the hell is she portrayed as someone trying to build a career in MUMBAI? You need enough self confidence to live or build your life in a big city like that ! And the most annoying thing is that the author brings in numerous references to her first book( which was a best seller!!!!!) in this one. Why does she need to push the story of her first book into this one? Pride? Vanity? !! Unfortunately I bought the other book about "facebook love" by the same author and I am too scared to read it now !

No comments:

Post a Comment